The People Behind My Passion
Assalamualaikum w.b.t.
Beberapa hari sebelum my convocation, I had always wanted to have a simple gathering and photoshoot with the girls. The girls who have supported my small business, who have been part of it in one way or another and who have always cherished my one and only, The Word Spaces.
While writing this post, I am sitting right here at the space, with teh ais ikat tepi from the restaurant Maimoona tingkat bawah, gloomy weather outside. Tenang betul hari Sabtu this week, Alhamdulillah.
2 Mei 2026 was the day.
Sepanjang minggu tu saya memang all out walaupun penat. Saya panjat kerusi, tiup belon, scroll Pinterest cari inspo, susun sana sini and all that jazz. I was literally behaving like a baby Gen-Z because I wanted everything to look whimsy, hehe.
Tambah pulak time tu matcha strawberry was in trend. So naturally, I thought, okay lah, that’s the dress code.
Pink, green and white.
Of course, I could not have done this event, alone...
- I hired a personal photographer, who, funnily enough, was located only a few shops away from my space.
- I ordered a pink, white and green luem kluem from my mom’s colleague’s daughter. She, who also happened to be my senior back in school. I then saw the same dessert at my best friend’s brother’s wedding and thought it was too pretty not to have. Networking at its core.
- I invited the people who had been part-timers, interns and friends who knew The Word Spaces from its little beginnings.
- I machine-blew hundreds of balloons, which was genuinely the first time in my life.
- I shopped a little too hard just to match the theme.
But behind all the mastermind, I knew exactly why I wanted to do this. I wanted to celebrate the people behind my passion.
The girls who helped me.
My beloved mom and dad.
My siblings.
And perhaps, myself too.
I wanted kenangan of us in this little space that has witnessed all sorts of things over the years. The chaos, the ideas, the workshops, the tired evenings, the random furniture arrangements and me trying to juggle a Ph.D., a full-time job and an actual business at the same time.
Looking back, saya pun tak sure how I managed some of it, but somehow, The Word Spaces kept going.
Best sangat to think about it. It was cute and fulfilling. There were lots and lots of photos, makan-makan and obviously, some crafty things.
We did acrylic painting, made name keychains and gave out goodies together with my mom’s handmade pipe-cleaner bouquets.
My friends came carrying bouquets of flowers, all thanks to Wani and Aida. My mom brought two cakes, the OGs, chocolate indulgence and carrot cake. Feeling tu rasa macam the usual TWS style workshops, except this time, we were not there for anyone else.
We were celebrating us.
Saya sangat happy and bersyukur that I get to do this, build this and share this little part of my life with people who have chosen to be part of it.
The Word Spaces may be my passion, but it has never been mine alone. There have always been hands helping, people showing up, friends believing, family supporting and girls willing to grow alongside something that started from a small idea in my head.
Perhaps that is why I have always wanted to give more, even when I have less because somehow, throughout this journey, people have done the same for me.
Thank you for coming, Wani, Aida, Aishah, Shafieza and another Aida hehe. Alhamdulillah, for the people behind my passion.
Sobs, till next time!
Comments
Post a Comment